Monday, October 08, 2007

More Southern Hemisphere Ramblimgs

Hey Blogger brothers,

Thank you for your faithfullness. I am not deserving but I love you guys. Your love and support on my last post means the world to me.

A Boyfriend?

To expand on my last post. Yes, I do have a boyfriend.

A charming gentle soul. A real teddy bear of a man. Like so many relationships these days it started on the net. I found a small and heartfelt piece of writing I could identify with on the net. I wrote to the corresponding email address. We only exchanged words, never so much as a picture. I was well smitten by his writing and we kept the email correspodence for a while. When we met in person, the man turned out to be just as attractive to me in persone as he writing was. A smile that reached his eyes and somehow weakened my knees. The rug peering out from his shirt also had a big appeal ;). Not to mention a great sense of humour. He really is a caring soul.

I seriously did not contemplate that I am any kind of emotional state to deal with a relationship. But there it is. We have been seeing each other a little over four months now. I wont make predictions on the future. I don't think either of us was in any position to start the relationship. (Truth be told it lacks the smarts completely). I will keep living as long as I can in the moment though. I really do believe it is better to have loved and lost than never to love at all.

Gay Socialising.

My therapist (Glad I opted to see one. Thanks for the encouragement Troll.), suggested as a newly coming out man I spend time socialising with gay men. He feels I still need time to gain acceptance of myself as a gay man and this would help. I think I am okay on the acceptance of self part. On the social front I dont think I have ever felt more comfortable in my skin. I have met an amazing group of people, whom I thoroughly enjoy spending time with. Thankfully I have not found it difficult to make new friends.

I was invited to attend a drag show . My first time ever attending such an event. I laughed until my sides hurt. I also have a new found respect for drag queens as a whole

After the show we hit the club scene. My ego took a slight knock when I realised that most ( read all) of the clubs patrons where somewhat younger than I was. I was pleasantly surprised though by the attention I got though. Very flattering.

The Spectre of HIV

It is with some sorrow I have lost one of those new found friends this last weekend due to late stage HIV complications. It makes a strong case for frequent testing and the merits of early detection. He did not know his HIV status until mere weeks before he died. It was also sobering and brought home why one cannot be careless even once.

Of Importance

Spider, Bigg , gents are never far from my mind.


I love you guys now.
I always will
Anthony

6 comments:

Rey Rey said...

This is all so amazing, Anthony! I'm so happy for you. The whole coming out process sometimes takes a long time, and getting to know kindred spirits is definitely a major part of it. I'm glad it seems to be taking on a deeper significance instead of the 'party-party-party' carelessness that sometimes happens once that closet door is thrusted open. I have a lot of friends who learned the hard way when they came out...

Keep on keeping on... I wish the best of luck to you and I hope things continue getting easier! Life should never be so difficult.

xo

Anonymous said...

I miss my Anthony! What's going on in your world!

Stephen said...

It is so good to see another post and this wonderful news about the new BF. Keep posting and remember to stop by more often, you have been missed.

Anonymous said...

a BF? Congrats. Hope all is well with you. My apologies for the silence on the comment front. Bad me; no strawberry.

Tony said...

Oh my gosh! You're back. I am so glad to hear about the news. Funny, like you, I haven't really found it hard to socialize with other gay men or make friends. And you probably already know how many I have made through blogging and personal get togethers with those bloggers.

Spider seems to be doing ok back home with his parents and making with making those trips to Orlando every 4 weeks for treatment. Unfortunately due to poor cell coverage at his parent's place, we only can talk for 3-4 days every two weeks when he is in fact in Orlando. And it's been since last April that I saw him. Miss him much! So there's the Spider update. Bigg is giving me, as you call them, the woes! I haven't chatted with him on the phone in about 4-5 weeks. His post for Friday, 11/2, sums it up if you haven't already caught it.

Anyhow...I'm so happy for ya!

Anonymous said...

I"m so happy for you as well! Catch us up, how are things going, miss you
http://deveil.wordpress.com